Listen to this segment
Jay's Tips of The Week:
- No shocker, but it's HOT!!! Make sure to check that irrigation system to get us through the hottest part of the year.
- Mulching around trees is great. It helps hold in moisture and cools the ground.
- Keep weeds under control so they don't steal the nutrients your plant needs.
Rosie has been using Bonide Products to keep rabbits and critters out of his back yard and he loves it!!!
Letter from a listener: We had several questions on fungus and how to get rid of it.
Recommendation - Over-watering is the only thing reason you should see that this time of year.
- Ray - Has an Ashe Tree that looks healthy on the outside but several branches inside the canopy are dying.
Recommendation - That's fairly normal and usually means it's not getting enough sun or nutrients inside the canopy. It's fine to prune these out.
- Paul - What are our recommendation on watering a yard.....flooding every couple days or shorter daily sessions.
Recommendation - Jay discusses the differences in each method.