Listen to this segment
- Melissa - She put a new Trane AC system on her home. After 10 days of operation, the system siezed and she discovered that they didn't put in a place for a filter. Now, they want to put one in a space that doesn't seem like a place it should be. What should she do?
Recommendation - It was definitely not done correctly and should have been installed, initially. We would go back to them with something in writing, because they shouldn't just be cutting it into a place after the fact because it was installed wrong. They have good reviews and she can expect them to do it correctly.
**Reminder, we can not police contractors who are NOT in our network. Go with Rosie-Certified 1st!
Listen to this segment
- Reviewing products that are new and we discuss particular examples.
- Why does Tucson seem to be the target for every new "latest and greatest" Product?
- Congratulating the U of A on a great baseball season and coming up just short of winning it all!
- Audrey - She has had a small amount of mold after an AC unit leaked. Her son is a mold expert and he's convinced that she needs to replace the drywall and insulation got wet. What do we think?
Recommendation - If it was caught really quickly, like it seems like it was, that doesn't sound like serious enough situation to start tearing into all of that. We recommend getting a test kit to confirm before doing all those repairs.
- Joan - She recieved a letter from her insurance company & they want to lower her rate while at the same time giving her less of a return if it were to be burned down or destroyed. She always thought that rebuilding would be less expensive than just buying a home? What do we think?
Recommendation - She's correct. The insurance companies go off of current home values, etc. After discussing some details, it doesn't sound right. Rosie is going to his guy, Clay at Phocus Insurance to discuss all this himself. He's going to review his situation and we'll get back to Joan.
- Jeff - His block home needs paint and at a homeshow he heard about all kinds of different paints that can save him money. What do we think about all these products?
Recommendation - We would look at foaming his masonry home first and he can call Thermal Advantage to get it done. Next, look at replacing the windows and shading west facing openings. Finally, check the attic insulation and his ductwork. As far as the different paints, there has never been one product that we've come across that does any better than standard paint that has been on the market for years.