Every winter when the weather is comfortable and you don’t need to run your mister, you should have it inspected and maintained.
If you call a pro to do the job, you’ll pay around $80 for the service. The technician will:
- Flush the mist line to prevent calcium and sediment buildup.
- Remove and clean the nozzles.
- Make sure water-supply lines are secure.
- Drain water from the pump so it won’t freeze.
- Replace the filter. This could cost an additional $15.
- Add oil to the pump.
A good once-over once a year can prevent costly repairs later, and can ensure that your mister will work during the summer when you really need it.