Cooler temperatures means Fall is in the air!! With the welcome break from the heat comes happy plants. Tune-in to the podcast below with John Eisenhower of SavATree for more in depth information!
Monthly Tips for September
- Overseeding your lawn | If possible, prune trees first to avoid dragging brush over the new lawn. What about timing?
- Turf Health | Aeration, fertilization, insect and disease problems in turf
- Late season fertilization starts now through November
- Fall fertilization may be the most important application for overall tree health
- Apply a 2-inch layer of wood chips beneath your trees.
- Rake your fall leaves and make a compost pile. Add water and it'll be ready by spring!
Soil Enhancement | Why is soil health so important?
Soil Additives | Biological soil enhancer/Kelp extract/Humic acid/Citric acid
Wetting Agent | Surfactant/Beneficial soil bacteria/Mycorrhizae
- Moderate soil temperature –> Promote root development
- Reduce water loss through evaporation –> Increase water to trees
- Promote nitrogen cycling –> Improves tree health
- Improve soil microbiology –> Improve rooting environment
- Reduce runoff and erosion –> Protect soil and roots
- Control dust –> Improve living space
- Control weeds –> Reduce labor
- Pruning can resume, especially mesquites and other trees that require 2x per year pruning.
Home Maintenance & Outdoor Living To-Do | #SoilEnhancement #CanaryIslandPine
Certified Arborist John Eisenhower discusses soil enhancements, the many benefits of wood chips, and other tips to keep your trees thriving. Testing a different type of grass besides rye for winter lawns with interesting results. Who's responsible if a neighbor's tree causes damage to your property? And our Tree Of The Month: The Canary Island Pine Tree.
Sponsored By: Integrity SavATree
SavATree is a commercial and residential tree care company specializing in tree maintenance and removals. They provide quality tree service to homes and businesses throughout the valley.