A signature dish at the Romero household during Christmas season are Baby Kay's Cajun-seasoned, roasted pecans. Set a dish of these out on the counter top while cooking dinner is a great way to keep eager fingers from picking at the main dish.
- Pecan halves (2 cups)
- Melted butter (1/2 stick or 1/4 cup)
- Salt to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Spread pecan halves in a single, thin layer on a baking sheet.
- Season pecans with a little salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper (as much or as little as you like).
- Pour the butter over the seasoned pecans. Roll the pecans in the butter so all sides are coated.
- Bake for seven minutes at 350 degrees. Test after seven minutes and turn off the oven. If you like crisper pecans, leave them in the oven—turned off—for up to 10 minutes more. Test frequently.
- Store roasted pecans in an airtight container.
MORE cajun RECIPES