- Rosie on the House attending: No
- Type: Free
- RSVP: No
- Website: Visit
Nov 02nd, 2019 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
The Empire Ranch Cowboy Festival, held in November, is the Foundation's annual public event celebrating Arizona's Western history and culture. Previously called the Roundup & Open House (2000-2017) the Festival also showcases Bureau of Land Management and Empire Ranch Foundation's efforts to preserve the Empire Ranch for future generations. Each year more than 2,000 visitors come to the ranch to enjoy Western heritage demonstrations, arena and livestock exhibits, cowboy cooking and Western entertainment.
- Learn about the Southwest Association of Buffalo Soldiers and how they impacted Arizona History
- Author Alan Day, will speak about "Life on the Lazy B as Lived By an American Cowboy"
- Tumbleweed Tillie's Olde Tyme Photos
- Purchase a sepia toned photo of yourself, in the typical garb of the time
- Tucson Amateur Astronomy Association will be on hand providing wonderful (yet safe) views of the sun!
- Additional Attractions
- Western Music & Entertainment
- History & Culture Demonstrations
- Ranch Life Exhibits
- Kid's Activities
- Skilled Artisans & Speakers
- Silent Auction & Food