The latest trend in laundry rooms is convenience. Here’s how to get a laundry room that makes wash day more convenient:
- Move your laundry room so it’s next to the kitchen, bedroom or bathroom. Design the laundry room so it blends in with the rest of your house. If the room next door has crown molding and hardwood floors, put those items in the laundry room, too.
- Make the room bigger so there’s plenty of space to comfortably work.
- Add more counter space to fold, iron or sew clothes.
- Consider granite or high-end vinyl countertops that match the ones in your kitchen. Install lots of cabinets for laundry detergent and other products. Choose wood finishes similar to your kitchen cabinets. Or choose built-in cabinets and closets to hide the appliances when you’re not using them.
- When you’re ready to replace your washer and dryer, buy big ones. The new models can handle huge loads so you don’t have to do so many.
For more tips on organizing your laundry room, click here
For more information and for answer to all YOUR Home Improvement, Landscape and Gardening questions, visit our website, www.rosieonthehouse.com
Print this page