What’s the best way to remove a ring from the toilet bowl?Few problems around the house are as unsightly as a dirty ring in the toilet bowl. And the longer you let it go, the harder it will be to clean.
Here is a simple tip for getting rid of stubborn rings:
- Pour one cup of white vinegar over the stained area of the toilet.
- Sprinkle one cup of Borax over the vinegar.
- Let the mixture stand in the toilet for two hours.
- Use a toilet brush to scrub the area, and then flush.
- If you need to scrub harder, use a pumice stone; look for it where you buy your mops and cleaning supplies. Caution: Use a pumice stone only when the bowl and the pumice stone are wet; if you scrub while they’re dry, you could scratch the toilet.
- To prevent rings in the future, pour a cup of vinegar into the toilet bowl once a week and let it sit overnight. Flush in the morning to keep your toilet free of stains and odors.