How can I get rid of ants around my house and yard?
Suggestions from listeners:
Complete compiled list of recommendations from the hosts, listeners and Rosie on the House exterminations partners.
- Small Apple slices (kills the queen ant due to digestive problems)
- Corn meal (may harm bird digestion, use with caution)
- Grits (safe for bird digestion)
- Cinnamon (deterrent only)
- Avon Skin So Soft in a spray bottle, diluted with water
- Diatomaceous Earth also commonly referred to as D.E.
- Amdro (FDA approved formula and less toxic than table salt)
- Max Force (FDA approved formula)
- Kerosene (may harm soil for planting) mixed with Moth Crystals (more toxic than moth balls to kill certain bugs)
For additional information on controlling the ants and other pests visit Blue Sky Pest Control.