Don’t iron your clothes while wearing them!If you get a hair dryer for Christmas, don’t use it while you’re asleep. And never, ever iron your clothes while you’re wearing them!
This is the advice from manufacturers of electric appliances who that have won the Wacky Warning Label Contest. Other former finalists for the tongue-in-cheek awards, proffered for the past decade by Michigan Lawsuit Abuse Watch, have had this shocking advice for consumers:
- A hand-held massager is not for use while unconscious.
- One bathroom heater “is not to be used in bathrooms.”
- The label on an electric drill for carpenters recommends that the product should not be used as a dental drill.
- A printer cartridge warns: “Do not eat toner.”
- And a dishwasher label admonishes parents: “Do not allow children to play in the dishwasher.”