What's the best way to get my toilet really clean?The best way to clean the toilet is to remove more than just the stains. You need to clean what you can’t see.
- Turn off the water supply to the toilet and flush several times until the bowl is empty.
- Use a strong toilet cleaner and a stiff brush to scrub every inch of the bowl, inside and out.
- Using a toilet bowl disinfectant will keep it clean longer.
- A cup of baking soda in the bowl each week will keep it smelling fresh.
- Citric acid—including orange juice and Vitamin C tablets—will remove stains. Drop in two teaspoons a day and let it stand for 15 minutes before scrubbing with a toilet brush.
- Pour a bottle of cola into the bowl and leave it for an hour. You might not even have to scrub!