How do we get rid of Gophers?We have many recommendations, including some very interesting suggestions from listeners.
- Gopher Traps
- Gas Cartridges
- Gopher Poisoned Pellets
- The Pickle Jar Solution: Fill up a one gallon Pickle Jar with water (click here to purchase Gallon Pickle Jars), then put a filled Pickle Jar in the middle of the garden. Then place filled Pickle Jars in your garden, about every 12 feet. When gophers burrow, the jars vibrate and make the gophers think they are coming to a river bed and they will go somewhere else!
Archives About Gopher Prevention and Elimination:
- Here's a link to our archive where Nicole asks how to prevent gophers in her garden and Romey talks about the Pickle Jar Solution, June 9, 2012
- The Propane Gopher, May 15, 2010
- Praise for Gopher Gitters, February 28, 2009
- Follow up on Gopher Purge: Euphorbia, February 28, 2009
- The County Boy Pickle Jar Trick, February 21, 2009
For a laugh: Here's Mark Salem's Solution to Gopher Annihilation!